A chorus of chirping floats in through my screen door, along with a cool, crisp breeze that tells me it’s finally fall. And I love fall. I mean, LOVE. Scarves, hoodies and boots. A colorful new landscape of oranges, yellows, and reds. Cozying up to a fire with Honey Dude. It’s all so romantic.
Truth be told, there are so many things to enjoy about fall that I decided to make myself a “must do” list, just to make sure I don’t leave anything out.
01. Throw a harvest party in our backyard
02. Partake in cider pressing at the farm co-op
03. Celebrate Oktoberfest somewhere, anywhere
04. Decorate the house with petite little gourds
05. Put on a hoodie and go on a long walk… weekly until winter arrives
06. Play outside often, as to enjoy the best weather ever
07. Take the niece and nephew out for corn mazes and caramel apples, hay rides and pumpkin picking
08. Buy something new and stylish for once…it’s been a while
09. Take a Sunday drive in the Gorge, sunroof open, eyes wide with admiration
10. Learn how to can and/or make jam
Look at these precious little gourds. They fit our decor so well!
One down. Nine to go. We’re off to a good start, here.