Well it’s a first. An award! For blogging! Gosh it’s fun to be in this little blogosphere. Or should I say BIG blogosphere? There are so many wonderful writers out there taking on all sorts of fascinating topics, daily or bi-weekly, or perhaps whenever the urge beckons. My guess is that this is why the Liebster Award was created: as an avenue of discovering new blogs. It goes to “up-and-coming bloggers who were found inspiring by their peers”. Aw shucks.
My nomination comes from Taozi Tree Yoga, a soon-to-be-wife and health guru who has given me the sweetest comments ever. Her blog is precious! You should check it out. Thank you, Theresa Rae! xo
To accept the nomination:
- Thank the person who gave you the nomination
- Post the award on your blog!
- Answer the questions given you
- Nominate a few of your fave blogs
- Notify your nominees with a link back to your post
- Create a new set of questions for those you nominate
Questions for me, per Taozi Tree Yoga:
1) What were your first words and what do you think they say about you?
“I do, I do.” Apparently, I didn’t want help doing anything. I wanted to do it myself, thank you. It makes me laugh, because I am certainly that way still. I like a challenge. And I like things done a particular way. My poor husband.
2) If you were stranded in doors all day because of a fierce snowstorm, what would you do to occupy the time?
Oh how I’d love a snowstorm! We don’t get those in Oregon. Much. And if we did, I would be outside playing in it. BUT for the sake of the “stranded indoors” part, I’ll play along: Naturally, I would make some delicious decaf coffee (swiss water process, organic) followed by a sweet and savory breakfast of frittata and extra crispy bacon, plus Crunchy French Toast inspired by Mother’s Bistro in Portland. Then I’d join Honey Dude in the living room, where he built a fire for us to enjoy over breakfast. Then we’d snuggle, followed by a puzzle. Then more eating, followed by some “his” and “her” time, where I’d read on the long couch and he’d play his guitar on the love seat, making eyes at me while I tried not to giggle. Then we’d play some poker, snuggle some more and eat a fine dinner before heading off to bed. So basically, lots of eating good food and snuggling. :)
3) What was your favorite cartoon as a child?
I didn’t like cartoons as a kid, or TV really. Still don’t!
4) What are your favorite girl-scout cookies and what do you like about them?
Mmm. Samoas. Oh my gosh. The chocolate, the coconut, the perfection! If only I could recreate these myself, gluten free style…
5) Who is your favorite British musician or musical group? What is the song that comes into your head first?
To my husband’s horror, I have no clue! Is Adele from Britain? Then her! I can’t even think of a song… I can just hear her voice in my head. Hahaha.
6) What is your favorite smell of food cooking in the kitchen? Who is cooking it?
Garlic! I love garlic. Oddly enough, I don’t cook with it as much as I’d like. I learned a trick from my mother: garlic powder. Don’t judge! Sometimes I’m just too lazy to press the garlic. Ok, judge away…
7) What is one goal or dream that you have that you haven’t shared or owned up to because of fear of not accomplishing it?
I’ve told friends and family but I’m not sure how serious they think I am. Honey Dude and I want to move into our family home in Montana and create some sort of ministry healing house there for women. It could end up a bed-n-breakfast, who knows?! I think I fear not accomplishing it because I’ve spoken too much of it! At this point, it would be embarrassing if I don’t do it!
8) What are your three best names for a Golden Retriever puppy?
- Buddy (Honey Dude’s golden)
- Bunny (for the sheer awkwardness)
- Spazz (wild things, dogs)
9) If you could have one super power what would it be? Why?
Teleportation, of course. Being able to travel through space to another place = brilliant. I’d see my family more, travel the world more, and quickly close the gap with my two Aussie besties.
10) Who is your favorite childhood author and what was your favorite book by them?
I absolutely loved The Boxcar Children. I don’t know the author. But I thought the adventures were so thrilling, and their resourcefulness inspiring!
Now to nominate my own favorite bloggers…
My questions for them:
1. When did you start your blog and why?
2. What would you do with a full day to yourself?
3. Who is your favorite person in the world, and why?
4. What are your favorite flowers?
5. What is your favorite magazine?
6. Where would you most like to travel to?
7. Where is the best place on earth… that you’ve been to?
8. What is the best thing about your home?
9. What is a regular craving… and what is the recipe?
10. What’s your best tip for other bloggers out there?