I found it. The perfect pumpkin cookie, soft and fluffy like a muffin top, and studded with mini morsels of chocolate. Divine, I tell you.
Of course, I wouldn’t wish it on anyone to allow a whole batch to sit on one’s kitchen counter, tearing down what little self-control they’d built… up to that point. Solution: Make them for a party. And leave empty-handed! Or take them on a hike and bust them out at the summit as a surprise for your friends (everything tastes that much better in the backcountry!).
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup applesauce + 1 tbsp oil (or 1/2 cup oil)
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1-2 cups mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees; line cookie sheet with parchment
- In a small bowl: Mix together pumpkin, sugar, applesauce, oil, and egg
- In a large bowl: Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and cloves
- Add wet ingredients to dry; don’t over-mix!
- Add vanilla and fold in chocolate chips
- Drop batter in 1 tbsp increments, 1 inch apart
- Bake 10-13 minutes (depending on size of cookie and elevation)
- Slide parchment (with cookies) onto cooling rack when they’re done.
- Enjoy while warm. So, so good!